With everyone choosing WhatsApp over other messaging apps that are available, its really hard to imagine how a new app can prove itself. This is going to be the challenge that Google’s upcoming Allo – a text messaging service that the giant is prolonging has to take up when it launches.
Latest leaks have revealed some of the features that the upcoming messaging service might feature. Based on some screenshots and other information gathered from testers of Android Police with the early preview of Allo, this
|Highlights of Allo|
Here is a list of features that are flaunting with the upcoming Allo messaging service:
- Allow will let you share your location, photos or videos taken from an inside application and also the files housed in the phone’s gallery apart from the text chats.
- At present other files like music or documents support isn’t available.
- Google Allo will come with a support for sharing GIF images.
- The app is also featured to allow users to write anything on the images that you share.
- No text captions will be allowed.
- Also the annotation feature will not be available for videos.
- Images and videos will be subject to size compression just like in WhatsApp so that uploads are faster.
- Playing video option inside the application will not be available so you got to choose whichever player that you prefer.
- Videos cannot be trimmed before sending them.
- Automatic download of photos and videos can be disabled but there is no option to limit auto downloads just to WiFi.
- Allo app is to come with 3 preloaded sticker packs and there is also an option to download more. As of now there are 24 additional sticker packs and notes.
- There is no option to add a sticker through URL or zip file.
- The voice messaging feature works just like WhatsApp’s voice messaging service.
- Allo is tied to your phone number just like WhatsApp, so people with your phone number can find and add you.
- Allo is linked to your Google account. But it is an optional.
- Allo will provide you the ability to delete sent or received message unlike hangouts.
Do keep in mind that the above stated facts have been revealed by popular blog sites based on the results from a test build of the app. The final version could be much different in terms of the features described.
Get heard. What chances do you think Allo has to oppose Facebook’s WhatsApp and other messaging apps. Do let us know by posting your comments in the section below.