Everyone is crazy about WhatsApp. This useful messaging application is the most used means of communication. WhatsApp is used these days by all masses for a lot of purposes. Important business communications and other formal events and announcements are also made through it. WhatsApp has a very great user interface that lets you chat, share files like images, videos, location and contacts. All the chats are saved depending on the memory capacity of the phone.
Disasters happen a lot more often these days. (Data disaster that is). Sometimes chats could be deleted accidentally by a wrong tap. You could loose important messages, files images, videos and also contacts. There are also times that we delete messages assuming that we won’t be needing it for future. But later we regret it and only wish to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages. Amazingly you can Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages easily. You can Recover WhatsApp Messages either in a conversation with an individual person or a group. There are the many methods through which you can Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages.
First technique to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages
In case you want to recover chat history on WhatsApp in a simple way, just uninstall the app. Reinstall WhatsApp again. WhatsApp will automatically backup your chats at 3 am everyday and store it in the WhatsApp folder of your device. The WhatsApp folder could be in the phone’s internal memory or the extra storage card based on the settings. This is for the recent chats that have not been deleted. In case you want to restore older data then you must try some other option.
Steps to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages manually
- From your phone Go to the location /sd/WhatsApp/Databases.
- There will be a list of chat files like, msdgtore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt.
- Select the file that you want to restore and then rename it as msgstore.db.crypt.
- Next uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp then choose Restore option.
- The restored files will be in your chat messages.
Steps to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages with Android Data Recovery Tool
This is a very helpful recovery tool to restore android data. All that you have to do is download Android Data Recovery on your PC.
- Using the USB cable connect your android phone to the desktop.
- Set up the correct mode. There are three modes for android users.
For Android version 2.3 or earler:
Go to Settings-> Applications -> Development -> check USB debugging
Android 3.0 to 4.1
Go to Settings -> Developer options -> check USB debugging
Android 4.2 and above,
Go to Setting -> Developer -> Check USB debugging
- Scan your device and you will get options to recover.
- Select WhatsApp messages and attachments.
- Then select scan for deleted files.
- Preview all the data that you like to get back and click Recover .
- You will receive all the lost messages.