Panasonic in line with its Toughpad series has launched a new rugged tablet called Toughpad FZ-B2 that runs on Android 4.4 KitKat OS. Previously the company launched two 7 inch tablets named FZ-M1 & FZ-M1 Value that run on Windows 8.1 OS. Designed targeting “for business” this Panasonic Toughpad FZ-B2 will be made available in Europe from this December for GBP 709 (appx Rs. 70,600) while in US it can be got for $1,299 (Rs. 80,000) starting next year February. With regards to its availability in other markets, is yet to be known.
Specifications of Panasonic FZ-B2 tablet:
According to the main company website listing, the Panasonic FZ-B2 tablet is said possess the below:
- The display for this rugged tablet is a 7-inch WXGA (800×1200 pixels) IPS LCD display.
- This is also a fanless design running on Android4 KitKat OS.
- Powering this tablet is a 83GHz 64-bit Intel Celeron N2930 processor that clocks up to 2.16GHz with burst and comes with 4 threads, 4 cores, 2MB cache.
- Also 313MHz base frequency Intel HD Graphics that can clock up to 854MHz with burst is found powering the tablet combining with 2GB of RAM.
- Meeting the MIL-STD-810G standard, the PanasonicFZ-B2 tablet for dust and water resistance features an IP65 rating and gets drop-test done from a height of 180cm.
- Supporting microSD card, this tablet comes with 32GB of inbuilt storage.
- This rugged tablet also like another top model tablets gets 5-megapixel camera at its back with a 2-megapixel front-facing camera.
- With regards to connectivity options supported by the Panasonic FZ-B2 tablet include Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11ac and USB 3.0.
- Weighing 540 grams with a thickness of 18mm, this tablet is claimed to run on a user-replaceable 3220mAh battery that offers up to 8 hours of battery life.
- Also an optional 14-hour battery is made available by the company.
It was just week’s back Panasonic in India launched its T40 Smartphone (budget Smartphone) for Rs. 5,990. Glimpses of its key features are that it sports a 4-inch (480×800 pixels) WVGA IPS display running Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS. Powering the Smartphone is 1GB of RAM along with a 1.3GHz quad-core processor. Storage capacity is inbuilt 8GB that can be expanded further up to 32GB via a microSD card. An autofocus 5-megapixel rear camera and a front-facing camera of 2-megapixel comes with the Smartphone that works on a 1500mAh removable battery.
Post in your views and suggestions with regards to the article in the comments section below. Anything more to be added to the article can also be noted in the section below.