Current period of smartphones is selfie obsessed and to quench the thirst of many selfie lovers, Panasonic has taken the charge of giving a selfie-focused Smartphone to its customers. Panasonic launched on Wednesday its latest Eluga series octa-core powered selfie phone called the Panasonic Eluga S for Rs. 11,190. Panasonic announced that this selfie based phone would be made available in the third week of November.
Panasonic India’s Managing Director, Manish Sharma at the launch event commented that the company in the Indian market with its Eluga series Smartphones released has risen to greater levels and has potentials to succeed. Lining up the Eluga series, this Eluga S is the third phone which Sharma considers as an identity to show that Panasonic also is willing to take up new technology in the Indian Market which is fast growing. Also he was sure to confirm to his customers that as and when new devices get launched they would be introduced to its customers.
Just a recall, Panasonic’s Eluga series of smartphones were first introduced in 2012 which then got discontinued and again revived recently in India with its Eluga A and Eluga U devices.
A quick view of Eluga S Specifications:
- Powering the phone is a 1.4GHz Octa-core processor along with 1GB RAM.
- Internal storage is 8GB that can be extended up to 32 GB via micrso SD slot.
- The Screen display is 5-inches HD IPS display with 720p resolution.
- Supporting dual-SIM, the Eluga S gets Android4.2 KitKat OS.
- On the top, the device gets Panasonic’s Fit Home UI.
- This being an octa-core powered selfie phone sports a 5MP front camera with a Blink Play feature and an 8MP LED flash rear camera that can record full-HD videos (30 frames per second).
- The key feature of the phone, the Blink Play feature helps users to click selfies without the trouble of tapping the camera icon on the screen.
- Blink Play feature automatically initiates capturing selfies with three-second countdown i.e. users by tapping anywhere on the screen get a timer to pose and at a blink the selfie gets clicked by itself automatically within the time period.
- Eluga S body is 7.9mm thin uniformly and is to be made available in two colors – White and Black.
- Running the phone is a 2100mAh non-removable battery that is said to give 2.5 hours of 3G talk time and 90 hours of standby time (sounds weird).
And now since everyone are crazed about octa-core selfie segment devices, this piece from Panasonic is also the same segment concentrated device but competitively priced when compared with other selfie oriented phones. Though not wholly unique, this Panasonic Eluga S is expected to directly compete with Lumia 730 and Micromax Canvas Knight which are priced Rs 15,299 and Rs 13,752 respectively which are also selfie oriented phones. Lumia 730 gets a 5-megapixel front camera and Micromax Canvas Knight has an 8 megapixel front camera. And of course, these are just two examples while the market might get many number of “selfie” phones in near future.
Post in your views and suggestions with regards to the article in the comments section below. Anything more to be added to the article can also be noted in the section below.