Microsoft had launched the Skype Business Edition about two months ago. It integrated the MS Office Calendar along and allowed group messaging, video chats and calls to upto 250 people. The company has now announced that the mobile version of Skype Business Edition for both iOS and Android devices is under progress.
Skype Business Edition App
The mobile app is said to feature a central dashboard through which the user can
- Search for contacts
- Check for and RSVP to upcoming meetings
- Dig through previous archived conversations
- Additionally contacting people has been made easier through the larger on screen buttons
- With Full screen video chat option enabled
The app isn’t fully ready as yet. Skype is still under the progress of recruiting to participate in the preview program.
Skype Business Edition Preview
Skype has been infused with simplicity throughout the new iOS and Android apps, created a new dashboard for easy navigation of your contacts, calls and meetings, and updated the In-Call and In-Meeting experience.
The updated dashboard brings the contact search bar, your upcoming meetings and most recent conversations to one place.
- Contact search bar
Search your Global Address List by first name, last name, email alias or even a phone number! On iOS, your phone contacts are also included in the search.
- Upcoming appointments
Here you can see your current and next meetings in your calendar. You can either click through to read more about the meeting or click the Quick Join icon to join the meeting right away.
- Recent conversations
Makes it easy to refer back to your most recent chats, phone calls and meetings.
In-Call and In-Meeting has been rebuilt for an exciting experience with new features that make it easier to navigate calls and meetings on your mobile phone or tablet.
- Larger buttons make it easier to mute, add participants and manage your call.
- Video, which now fills the screen, brings you closer to your colleagues.
- Skype Business Edition for mobile has been made it easier to navigate between video and content with just one tap by simplifying the IM, video and content panes. While you can still view content in full screen, you can now also view content and see the speaker’s video at the same time!
Join the Skype Business Edition for mobile Preview
View the preview at www.skypepreview.com before August 17th
When to expect the Skype Business Edition for Mobile?
Once the apps actually go live “later this year,” users will need to have Lync 2013, on which this system is built, installed on their device in order to use them.
For your queries to be addressed regarding to the content of the article, comment in the section below. Your valuable feedback and comments are welcome. For daily updates on technology do visit us again. You can also catch us on our Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest for timely updates.